The Dominican Sisters of Amityville offer weekly opportunities to participate with others in the ancient Christian practice of Contemplative Prayer. All of the groups are led by the Sisters who provide both instruction and encouragement. For a full 90 minutes, learn to quiet your mind and turn toward God fully so that you can experience the presence of God in your own heart and in turn be the presence of God in our wounded world.
Groups are led by Sister Colleen Colbert, OP in St. Pancras in Glendale; Sister Anne Rogers, OP in the Motherhouse in Amityville; Sister Margaret Galiardi, OP in St. Mary’s in Roslyn; and Sister Marie Danaher, OP at St. Mary’s in Roslyn.
- Monday at 10:00 a.m. at Good Shepherd Convent in Brooklyn
- Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. at St. Pancras R.C. Church in Glendale
- Thursday at 1:00 p.m. at the Motherhouse in Amityville
- Thursday at 4:30 p.m. St. Mary’s R.C. Church in Roslyn – In Convent
- Saturday at 3:00 p.m. in St. Mary’s R.C. Church Roslyn – In Convent
If you would like to participate from home or incorporate this prayer into your local community prayer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for orientation materials.